Tuesday, December 07, 2004

New Strings

Another weekend over and its time to look back upon on what went down. Highlights include new guitar strings, seeing the National Christmas Tree, and of course a drunken Saturday night.

After work on Friday, I headed to Guitar Center to grab some new strings for the Tak. As always, I went into the expensive guitar section and played some guitars I dream of someday owning. Once I got that out of my system I headed to the counter to pick up my strings and head home. Upon arriving home, I realize I grabbed the wrong set of strings. I was a bit disappointed because I wanted to put the new strings on, but it would have to wait for another day. Later on, I meet my buddy Tim, his girlfriend Caroline, and our friend Molly out at Coastal Flatts. We have some beers and then go back to his house to hang out for a bit. I played his new guitar, which by the way sounds really sweet and mellow, then head home

Saturday starts off with a 10 am wakeup call from my friend Dave. I wasn't too happy about getting woken up on a day where I can sleep in, especially when I couldn't fall back to sleep. I get up and out of the house to exchange the strings I bought the previous night. I meet him and his wife at the metro and we head into the city to walk around. We stop by Union Station and then head over to the White House to check out the tree. We check out the tree, the buring Yule logs, and all the other garb that is on the south lawn. It was the first time that I'd seen the tree in person and I wasn't as impressed with this tree compared to the one in Rockefeller Center. It started to get dark so we decided to call it a day.

I get home and find out that JMU won its playoff game against Furman and that Tech beat Miami to win the ACC (those lucky bastards). This weekend we meet W&M again and hopefully we won't loose as time expires in this one. If we win, we will advance for the National Championship (of Div I-AA that is).

Well its about boozing time, so I head over to Tim's house with a handle of Beam. We have a few drinks then head to McFaddens to get the night under way. We slam beers, shots and get pretty loaded before heading to this party. A trip to the Ice Luge and a few beers and the details of the remainder of the night get pretty fuzzy after that. I think I spent the majority of the night joking and laughing with these dudes while we all spoke in Scottish/Irish accents. Who knows why?? I was smashed and it seemed like a good idea at the time. We cabbed back to Caroline's (but I don't recall the ride) to crash.

Sunday arrives and the only thing on the brain is, well the only two things on the brain are: football and recover from hangover. I spend the majority of the day transplanted on the couch and keeping track of the fantasy team. The football day ends and my Bears win, along with my fantasy team. Not only that, I knocked Zazzaro's Blazers out of the playoffs and I secured my place in them. I can feel the super bowl prize ready to be claimed by the Donkey Punchers. A bit of good news for Skins fans, they actually won and put up more than 18 points. Who would have thought?

Every moral has a story
every story has an end
every battle has its glory
and its consequence

No comments: