Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Groovin' to Iron & Wine

My iRiver has completely screwed me on playing time so I've had to result to the MP3s I have on my work computer the last few weeks and surprisingly I'm not too let down. For one I bought Iron & Wine's Passing Afternoon and received Glen Phillips' latest Mr. Lemons in the mail. New tunes are always good.

If you haven't gotten into Iron & Wine, you really should. Anyways....

Finally!!!! I will get to see the above mentioned Mr. Phillips this Thursday at the Birchmere. Its been a long time coming but I finally scored tickets and I will enjoy a show by one of my favorite singer/songwriters of the the last few years.

On another note, my birthday and Bonnaroo starts in a month. God I love Live Music and being drunk and blogging.

Mary, carry your babe
bound up tight like lips around a whimper
your fingers over my face
blind eyed Sampson driven to the temple
and night birds digging until dawn
freedom hangs like Heaven over everyone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Druuuuuuunky!

Gorilla Hero said...

if you get a chance, see Iron & Wine live - it's awesome. Also - he collaborated with Calexico last year for a little 6 song EP that is worth getting. I even got Tom into it. It's called "Into the Reins"

Jerry said...

Yeah, I scoopred up that EP in February. I mentioned a little about that album in this post. I think I've uploaded a few albums to Temis' server as well