Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Ben Harper 07/25/2005

Monday night I had the pleasure of seeing Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals for the 3rd time. It was the first time he has played in the DC area in 2 years (last time at Bull Run Park in June 2003).

This show was one for the record books. Ben played for over 3 hours with 31 songs. It was definitely cool to see some of the new songs from There Will Be A Light (minus the Blind Boys) mixed in with some of my favorite older tunes. The band even threw in some new tunes that they have been playing for a few months now.

My favorites of the night were Ground on Down, Temporary Remedy, Where Could I Go, Roses From My Friends, and a new arrangement of Steal My Kisses that went into Toots' Pressure Drop.

For those that missed the show, it was a good one. Just look at the setlist.

• God Fearing Man
• Ground On Down
• Jah Work
• Brown Eyed Blues
• Wicked Man
• Everything
• Burn One Down
• She's Only Happy In The Sun
• Breakin' Down
• Temporary Remedy
• Please Bleed
• Amen Omen
• Where Could I Go
• How Many Miles Must We March?

encore 1 (solo)
• Another Lonely Day
• Widow Of A Living Man
• Number Three
• Roses From My Friends
• I Shall Not Walk Alone
• Walk Away
• There Will Be A Light
• When It's Good
• Pleasure And Pain %

encore 2
• Steal My Kisses -> Pressure Drop
• Get It Like You Like It
• Homeless Child *
• Dressed In Black *
• Gather Round The Stone *
• The Woman In You
• Ain't Too Proud To Beg
• With My Own Two Hands -> War

* w/ Charlie Musselwhite on harmonica
% w/ Tom Freund on guitar

Cause a pressure drop,
oh pressure Oh yeah pressure drop a drop on you
I say a pressure drop, oh pressure
Oh yeah pressure drop a drop on you

No comments: